Celebrate the start of grape harvest in the Meramec Highlands!
St. James Winery and Public House Brewing Company are hosting their inaugural Crush Festival at The Gardens in St. James, Mo. on Saturday, August 26 from 11 a.m. – 10 p.m. The Gardens is located between the winery and brewery in St. James, Mo. (551 State Route B, St. James, MO 65559).
We have many FREE fun activities planned for the day:
- GRAPE STOMP | 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Stomp grapes in a barrel like Lucy! We promise we don’t use this juice in our wine!
- BREWERY/WINERY TOURS AND TASTING | 1:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
All tours start at the brewery Tasting Bar and end at the winery.
- COOPERAGE DEMO | 4:30 p.m.
Learn how wine barrels are made. Representatives from Independent Stave Company in Lebanon, Mo. will provide a live demonstration.
- LIVE MUSIC
- Greg Oliveras | 11 a.m.
- Steve Kirn | 3 p.m.
- Hey Dave | 7 p.m.
TICKETED THREE-COURSE SHRIMP BOIL AND WINE PAIRINGS
In addition to the events in The Gardens, we are holding an exclusive ticketed three-course Shrimp Boil with select wine pairings starting at 6:30 p.m. at a special location – the St. James Winery Vineyard Cottage (19506 CR 1000, St. James, MO 65559), which is next to the winery’s vineyards.
Tickets are limited to 40 seats. Cost per ticket is $40.
- Brut Champagne American (effervescent sparkling wine with flavors of bright citrus, peach and honeycomb) paired with Andouille and Havarti Croquets with smoked paprika and garlic aioli.
Shrimp Boil Course:
- Pioneer White (dry white wine with smokey oak and pineapple aromas with zesty gooseberry and kiwi on the palate) paired with Shrimp, corn-on-the-cob, potatoes and onions.
- Summer Berry (with a sweet blend of Strawberry, Peach, Blueberry and Raspberry wines, it has a refreshing and lively fruit punch flavor with tart berry and stone fruits) paired with Angel Food Cake with whipped cream topped with fresh fruit from the local Farmer’s Market.
Purchase Shrimp Boil tickets online now: https://phbc.ticketspice.com/shrimp-boil-the-crush-festival
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!