- 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 2 ounces red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar, then add eggs. Beat 1 minute.
- Make a paste of cocoa and food coloring and add to the mixture.
- Combine buttermilk, salt, vanilla, and flour, then add to the mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- In a small dish, mix soda with vinegar until it fizzes, then add to batter.
- Pour into 2 well-greased 9-inch cake pans. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Make paste of flour and wine. Boil until thick, stirring constantly.
- Remove from stove, and cool.
- Cream butter and sugar, then add vanilla. Beat until no sugar granules are present.
- When no sugar granules are visible, gradually spoon cooled flour and wine mixture into creamed mixture.
- Beat well after each addition.
- Should looked like whipped cream when done.
Sip Sweetly. Enjoy Responsibly.