by Rich Trippler, Bartender & Mixologist
at Bleu Restaurant & Wine Bar
- 8-10 fresh mint leaves
- 1-1/2 ounces Limoncello
- 3 ounces St. James Winery Strawberry Wine
- cold club soda
- In a mixing glass muddle mint and Limoncello.
- Fill with ice and, using a Boston shaker, give a quick shake to let the ice further break up the mint.
- Pour contents, ice and all, into a large wine glass.
- Add wine and top off with a splash of club soda.
This is a refreshing, thirst quenching drink that is also modest in the alcohol department so you can sit on a deck and drink a lot of them on a sunny day. It also an eye catcher. Drinks, like good food, should involve multiple senses. This one looks great, smells great because of the mint, and tastes great.