- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound beef, cut into cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup potato, peeled and chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed
- 3 (16-ounce) cans beef broth
- 1-1/4 cup water
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup St. James Winery Estate Norton Wine
- In a large pot or Dutch oven melt butter over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and sauté about 2 minutes. Remove from pot.
- Add oil and brown beef cubes.
- Add onion, carrot, celery, potato and garlic. Sauté about 15 minutes.
- Add broth, water, tomato sauce and mushrooms. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add wine. Simmer about 10 minutes and serve.
Sip Sweetly. Enjoy Responsibly.