Praline Pecan Ingredients
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, well packed
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1-1/2 cups pecans, coarse chopped
Cobbler Filling Ingredients
- 8-10 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup St. James Winery Peach Wine
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 cup butter or shortening
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
Praline Pecan Instructions
- In bowl mix brown sugar, melted butter and pecans, tossing to coat nuts. Set aside.
Cobbler Filling Instructions
- In large pan combine peaches, sugar, wine, corn starch, and cinnamon.
- Cook and stir until mixture is thick and bubbly.
Cobbler Crust Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Cut butter or shortening into dry ingredients until it is the consistency of coarse crumbs.
- Move the crumbs to the edge of the bowl, then pour the buttermilk into the center. Stir until dough forms (do not over-stir).
- Turn dough onto floured pastry board and knead a dozen strokes, then roll into a 12×8 -inch rectangle.
- Pour peach mixture into a 3-quart rectangular baking dish.
- Spread praline mixture onto pastry and then roll up from the long side of the rectangle.
- Cut into inch-thick slices, and lay cut-side down on top the peach mixture in the baking dish.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Serve warm with ice cream and a glass of St. James Winery Peach Wine!