https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/main-course-2629258_1920.jpg 1280 1920 https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/ST.JAMES_HeritageWines_Logo_Primary_Black-compressed.png 2014-09-08 22:02:492020-10-14 21:10:26Venison Pot Roast
Venison Pot Roast
- 1 3-pound venison roast
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 potatoes, cubed
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup St. James Winery Country Red Wine
- Soak the venison roast in milk for at least two hours in a glass bowl in the refrigerator.
- Rinse the roast and brown in lightly oiled Dutch oven.
- Remove the roast; lower the heat and sauté the garlic in the Dutch oven.
- dd onions, potatoes and carrots. Cook until lightly browned.
- Add the browned roast, bay leaf, wine and enough water to cover the meat and vegetables.
- Cover and cook over medium low heat for 1 hour per pound of meat.
Substitute St. James Winery Estate Norton or Cynthiana for the Country Red wine for heartier red wine flavors.