https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Trout-dinner.jpg 1431 1920 https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/ST.JAMES_HeritageWines_Logo_Primary_Black-compressed.png 2019-02-27 17:34:432020-10-14 21:00:17Trout with White Wine Butter Sauce
Trout with White Wine Butter Sauce
A big part of our region, here in the Meramec Highlands, is the great outdoors. A family-friendly, fun place to explore near St. James Winery is Maramec Spring Park where trout are raised and released. Visitors are welcome to fish there and here is a quick, yet delicious way of enjoying the day’s catch!
- 1.5 lbs trout – 2 fish fillets, keep skin on the bottom
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 diced garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh, chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp St. James Winery Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 tbsp butter at room temp
- Start by seasoning trout fillets with Italian herbs and salt.
- On medium heat, warm olive oil in a large skillet that has a lid (lid will need to be used later). Once pan is hot, add fish fillets flesh side down and skin side up. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Flip fish to skin side down. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from heat. Cover skillet with lid and allow trout to sit for 5 to 10 minutes until completely cooked and flaky.Carefully remove fish from skillet, separating the fish from the skin. Place trout on serving platter. Remove fish skin from skillet. Allow cooking oils to remain in pan.
- Add lemon juice, diced garlic and St. James Winery Sauvignon Blanc to the skillet with remaining oil. Cook on medium to low heat for about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add 1 tbsp of fresh parsley and butter – stirring until butter is melted.
- Top fish with cream sauce, sprinkle 1 tbsp of remaining parsley over trout and enjoy paired with a glass of St. James Winery Sauvignon Blanc.