https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/pineapple_02.jpg 2477 1650 https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/ST.JAMES_HeritageWines_Logo_Primary_Black-compressed.png 2015-05-10 16:05:352020-10-14 21:10:26Tropical Fool
- 3 cups fresh chopped pineapple
- 1 mango, peeled & cubed
- 1 tablespoon St. James Winery Mango Wine
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut, lightly toasted
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Cook pineapple and 1 tablespoon sugar in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking. Cook until fruit softens (12-15 minutes).
- Add wine (you may add more wine if pineapple appears dry).
- Take pineapple mixture off heat, add lemon juice. Adjust taste with sugar, more lemon juice, or wine.
- Chill completely. At least one hour.
- While fruit cools, whip cream on high speed until soft peaks form, then add yogurt.
- Add pineapple mixture and half the coconut to the cream and stir gently so mixture remains streaky.
- Layer into serving glasses in this order: pineapple cream, fresh mango, pineapple cream, and top with remaining coconut.
- Serve chilled.
Use the pineapple compote by itself as a topping for ice cream, pound cake, angel food cake, or coconut cake.