https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/spinach_01.jpg 526 800 https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/ST.JAMES_HeritageWines_Logo_Primary_Black-compressed.png 2017-03-06 18:19:392020-10-14 21:15:52Strawberry and Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
Strawberry and Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
by Chef Timothy Grandinetti, C.E.C
- spinach, washed, stems removed, and chilled
- goat cheese crumbles
- toasted walnuts
- sliced strawberries
Strawberry Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 8 ounces St. James Winery Strawberry Wine
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Salad and Vinaigrette Instructions
- Puree strawberries, wine, lemon juice, zest, and vinegar. Process until smooth.
- Continue to process and slowly add oil. Emulsify.
- Divide the spinach and generously dress / toss with dressing.
- Garnish spinach salad with crumbled goat cheese, fresh sliced strawberries, and toasted walnuts.
Substitute either St. James Winery Strawberry Wine or St. James Winery Moscato Wine if the seasonal Strawberry Moscato is not available.