by Rich Trippler, Bartender & Mixologist
at Bleu Restaurant & Wine Bar
- 1/2 ounce gin
- 4 ounces St. James Winery Cherry Wine
- sliced cucumber
- lemon / lime soda
- assorted citrus fruits and other bar garnishes
- In a mixing glass muddle 2 slices of freshly cut cucumber with the gin.
- Fill glass with ice, add the wine, top with lemon/lime soda.
- This is a “rolled” drink, meaning that rather than shaking or stirring it you pour the drink back and forth between the mixing glass and a tall (Collins) glass until well mixed.
- Garnish with a slice of cucumber and anything else available (orange, lemon, lime, maraschino cherry, etc.).
Pimm’s is a spirit that is difficult to describe but a Pimm’s Cup, always garnished with a cucumber. The St. James Cup is designed specifically for relief on a hot, muggy, Missouri summer day.