https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/roasted-chicken-scaled.jpg 1696 2560 https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/ST.JAMES_HeritageWines_Logo_Primary_Black-compressed.png 2016-06-10 19:20:342020-10-26 11:32:53Smoke Roasted Chicken with Peach Balsamic Drizzle
Smoke Roasted Chicken with Peach Balsamic Drizzle
by Chef Timothy Grandinetti, C.E.C.
Smoke Roasted Chicken Ingredients
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- thyme sprigs
- 2 lemons
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
Peach Balsamic Drizzle Ingredients
- 2 cups St. James Winery Peach Wine
- 1-1/2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
Smoke Roasted Chicken Instructions
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Season chicken with oil, salt, pepper, cayenne, and thyme.
- Squeeze the lemon all over the chicken and place the lemons and garlic cloves inside the bird.
- Cook the chicken for 70 minutes or until the internal temperature is 170°F.
- Cover with foil and allow to rest 15 minutes.
- Carve and drizzle with additional lemon and oil.
Peach Balsamic Drizzle Instructions
- Bring wine and vinegar to a boil.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer.
- When reduced by half, add brown sugar.
- Simmer 8-10 minutes.
- Drizzle peach balsamic mixture over chicken.