- 1 cup St. James Winery Pioneer White Wine
- 6 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl toss cheeses with the flour until evenly mixed.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, heat wine over medium high heat until very hot but NOT boiling.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Add one handful of the cheese mixture to the wine; stir constantly and vigorously until the cheese melts and the mixture is thick and smooth. Repeat with remaining cheese mixture.
- Stir in pepper.
- Serve immediately or in a heated fondue pot with your favorite bread and / or vegetables.