- 1/4 cup St. James Winery Friendship School White Wine
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch diagonal pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup (about 8 ounces) cooked, flaked salmon
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- dash cayenne pepper
- hot, cooked cavatelli or other pasta
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté asparagus and garlic in butter about one minute until asparagus is bright green.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the milk and add to skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened, about two minutes.
- Add wine and cook another two minutes.
- Add the cooked salmon. Cook until heated through.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in Parmesan and cayenne pepper. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over the hot, cooked pasta.
You may substitute pre-cooked shrimp for the salmon.