https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/ST.JAMES_HeritageWines_Logo_Primary_Black-compressed.png 0 0 https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/ST.JAMES_HeritageWines_Logo_Primary_Black-compressed.png 2012-10-10 17:44:152020-10-14 21:10:27Riesling Braised Summer Fruit
Riesling Braised Summer Fruit
- 1 cup St. James Winery Riesling Wine
- 1 cup brewed tea
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1- 3” cinnamon stick
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 – 4 pounds mixed fruits peaches, nectarines, plums and apricots, pitted and cut into 1 inch wedges
- In a large saucepan boil the wine, tea, sugar, honey and spices for 10 minutes.
- Add the fruit, cover and return to a boil.
- Remove the lid, stir the fruit and simmer another 15 minutes or until the fruit is cooked but not mushy.
- Cool the fruit then chill it.
To serve, place chilled fruit in bowls or serve over ice cream.