by Chef Timothy Grandinetti, C.E.C.
Blueberry Cinnamon Chutney Ingredients
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 4 pounds blueberries
- 3 cups St. James Winery Blueberry Wine
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups rice wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons orange zest
Red Spiced Chicken Ingredients
- 4 8-ounce chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Dr. Brownstone’s Cajun Spice Rub
Cajun Spice Rub Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons onion
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 5 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 5 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 2-1/2 tablespoons oregano
- 2-1/2 tablespoons thyme
- 2 tablespoons sage
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
Blueberry Cinnamon Chutney Instructions
- Combine and wrap in cheesecloth: cinnamon, allspice, cloves, a coriander seeds. Tie with kitchen twine.
- Combine remaining ingredients with 1 cup water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, then stir until mixture is thick and reduced (1 hour).
- Discard spice bag.
Red Spiced Chicken Instructions
- Dredge chicken breast with spice rub.
- Heat oil in cast iron pan, then sauté chicken and garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve with Blueberry Cinnamon Chutney.
Cajun Spice Rub Instructions
- Combine all ingredients, then store remainder in airtight container for future use.