- ladyfingers, enough to make 2 layers in a 9×13 baking dish
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons St. James Winery Raspberry Wine
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 3 eggs, separated
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- a pinch of salt
- fresh raspberries for garnish
- fresh mint for garnish
- With a mixer, beat the mascarpone and 2 tablespoons of the raspberry wine until smooth.
- In another bowl, beat the egg yolks and 3 tablespoons of the sugar together until smooth.
- Set the egg yolks over a hot water bath and beat for 3 minutes until light and foamy.
- Remove the eggs and sugar from the hot water bath. Immediately beat this mixture into the mascarpone. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the whipping cream until it holds a firm shape. Add in the vanilla.
- Fold about 1/3 of the mascarpone mixture into the whipped cream.
- Fold the whipped cream back into the remaining mascarpone mixture. Set aside.
- Beat the egg whites and salt on medium until foamy, then increase the speed, gradually add the remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar. Beat egg whites until they are glossy. All at once, fold the egg whites into the mascarpone and whipped cream mixture.
- To assemble the tiramisu, cover the bottom of an 9×13 baking dish with a layer of ladyfingers, then cover with about half the raspberry wine.
- Spread a layer of mascarpone filling over the ladyfingers, being careful to spread evenly.
- Add a second layer of ladyfingers, and top with the remaining raspberry wine.
- Spread a second layer of mascarpone filling over the second layer of ladyfingers.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours (uncovered) before serving.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and mint.
This recipe is also delicious when made with St. James Winery Strawberry Wine and fresh strawberries!