https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/ST.JAMES_HeritageWines_Logo_Primary_Black-compressed.png 0 0 https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/ST.JAMES_HeritageWines_Logo_Primary_Black-compressed.png 2012-10-10 20:22:352020-10-14 21:10:26Puerto Rican Fish Stew
Puerto Rican Fish Stew
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound flaky white fish (cod, haddock or tilapia), cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 Anaheim or poblano chili pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pimento stuffed green olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup St. James Winery Pioneer White Wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Heat oil in a large high-sided skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add fish, tomatoes and their juices, chili pepper, cilantro, olives, capers, wine and oregano.
- Add the water if mixture seems dry.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Garnish with avocado.