https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/ST.JAMES_HeritageWines_Logo_Primary_Black-compressed.png 0 0 https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/ST.JAMES_HeritageWines_Logo_Primary_Black-compressed.png 2012-10-10 15:07:532020-10-14 21:15:52Pork Chops with Orange Mango Salsa with Blackberry Gastrique
Pork Chops with Orange Mango Salsa with Blackberry Gastrique
by Chef Timothy Grandinetti, C.E.C.
Pork Chop Ingredients
- 4 double-cut pork chops, grilled
- 2 cups mango, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons scallions
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
Blackberry Gastrique Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups St. James Winery Blackberry Wine
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cups red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Pork Chop Instructions
- Combine mango, pepper, scallions, and jalapeno.
- In separate bowl, mix the lime juice and zest with remaining ingredients, then combine with mango mixture.
- Stir gently, then refrigerate.
- Serve with grilled double-cut pork shops and St. James Blackberry Gastrique.
- Puree 1/2 cup wine and blackberries in food processor, then strain/sieve to remove seeds.
- In saucepan, bring remaining wine and vinegar to boil, lower heat and simmer until reduced by half.
- Add blackberry puree and continue to reduce.
- Add brown sugar. Cook for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.