https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/macaroni-911164_1920.jpg 1280 1920 https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/ST.JAMES_HeritageWines_Logo_Primary_Black-compressed.png 2014-09-08 21:05:362020-10-14 21:10:26Pioneer Macaroni and Cheese
Pioneer Macaroni and Cheese
- 1/2 cup St. James Winery Pioneer White Wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1/4 cup minced celery
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1-1/2 cups half and half, heated
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese
- 3/4 pound macaroni, cooked and drained
- dash hot sauce
- coarse salt
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 2-quart casserole. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and celery, then sauté for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Lower the heat and stir in the flour until well-mixed.
- Whisk in the hot half and half and wine. Cook, stirring constantly for about 4 minutes or until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and beat in the cheeses, stirring until they have melted into the sauce.
- Stir into the macaroni and season to taste with the hot sauce and salt.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole.
- Combine the Parmesan and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle the mixture over the macaroni.
- Bake 15 minutes or until the edges are bubbling. Longer if you like crunchy edges on your macaroni and cheese.