https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/pasta-penne-scaled.jpg 1707 2560 https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/ST.JAMES_HeritageWines_Logo_Primary_Black-compressed.png 2017-01-01 16:17:312020-10-26 11:31:01Penne and Sausage in Wine Cream Sauce
Penne and Sausage in Wine Cream Sauce
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup St. James Winery Pioneer White Wine
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 1 (16-ounce) box penne pasta
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Remove the sausage casings and crumble into a large frying pan.
- Cook the sausage over medium high heat until browned. Drain any excess fat from pan.
- Add onions and sauté until limp.
- Add wine and simmer over medium low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add cream and simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, then drain.
- Put pasta on serving dishes, then cover with sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.