https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Stew.jpg 1280 1920 https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/ST.JAMES_HeritageWines_Logo_Primary_Black-compressed.png 2014-09-08 20:18:482020-10-14 21:10:26Norton Venison Stew
Norton Venison Stew
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 pound venison, cut into strips
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup St. James Winery Estate Norton Wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir the onion and garlic in the hot oil until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the venison to the skillet; cook and stir until evenly browned.
- Stir the tomatoes, mushrooms, wine, thyme, sage, tarragon, and salt into the mixture.
- Cover the skillet and allow the mixture to simmer until the venison is tender, 30 to 40 minutes.