Mulled Wine is a fall and winter tradition. St. James Winery dry red wines, like Winemaker Series Chambourcin and Norton 42, and Frontier Series Estate Norton, Cynthiana, Pioneer Red make a wonderful base for mulled wine. Mix, simmer, steep, and savor each warming sip.
- 1 bottle St. James Winery Dry Red Wine
- 3 cups apple cider
- 2 oranges sliced
- 1 tbsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Optional: Star anise to taste
- In a medium-sized pot, simmer cider, sliced oranges, ground cloves, and cinnamon for about 10 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Shut off heat, and leave steeping for an hour.
- Pour a bottle of dry red wine into the mixture. Bring back to a simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes.
Serve your mulled wine in a comfy mug with an orange slice and cinnamon stick to garnish.