https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/pistachios.jpg 518 800 https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/ST.JAMES_HeritageWines_Logo_Primary_Black-compressed.png 2012-10-10 16:54:162020-10-14 21:10:27Moscato Poached Apricots with Yogurt and Pistachios
Moscato Poached Apricots with Yogurt and Pistachios
- 2 1/4 cups St. James Winery Moscato
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds scraped
- 6 tablespoons orange-blossom or wildflower honey
- 8 apricots, halved and stone removed
- Greek yogurt for serving
- 1/2 cup raw chopped pistachios
- Combine wine, vanilla pod and seeds, and honey in a medium saucepan. Simmer over low heat until the honey dissolves.
- Add the apricots in one layer pushing down gently, so fruit is submerged.
- Simmer gently, turning once, until they are just tender but not falling apart, about 2-5 minutes. (The amount of time depends entirely on the ripeness of the fruit, so keep checking.) Do not overcook as you want the fruit to remain intact.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the apricots to a dish.
- Let remaining liquid simmer over medium-high heat until reduced by half and lightly syrupy, strain.
- Allow the apricots and syrup to cool, then refrigerate.
- Serve the chilled apricots in a shallow bowl with thick yogurt, top with the pistachios and a teaspoon of the reserved syrup.