- 2 ounces dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 cup St. James Winery Friendship School Red Wine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1 pint half and half
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 pound pasta, cooked
- Reconstitute mushrooms in wine at least one hour before cooking.
- Sauté onions over medium heat in olive oil until translucent.
- Add garlic, tarragon, mushroom wine mixture and continue to sauté over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add half-and-half and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Off heat add lemon juice and season to taste.
- Pour sauce over cooked pasta and serve.