https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/ST.JAMES_HeritageWines_Logo_Primary_Black-compressed.png 0 0 https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/ST.JAMES_HeritageWines_Logo_Primary_Black-compressed.png 2012-10-10 19:48:312020-10-14 21:10:27Italian Sausage Soup with Tortellini
Italian Sausage Soup with Tortellini
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (12-ounce) can tomatoes
- 3 (14-ounce) cans beef broth
- 1-1/2 cup St. James Winery Cynthiana Wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 zucchini, cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 3 cups fresh or frozen tortellini
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Slice sausages thin and cook in a Dutch oven until lightly browned.
- Add garlic and onions. Sauté until limp, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and their liquid, break up tomatoes.
- Add broth, wine and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Add parsley, pepper, carrots, zucchini and tortellini.
- Cover and simmer until tortellini are just cooked.
- Add basil and serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
St. James Winery Estate Norton may be substituted for the Cynthiana.