https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/ST.JAMES_HeritageWines_Logo_Primary_Black-compressed.png 0 0 https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/ST.JAMES_HeritageWines_Logo_Primary_Black-compressed.png 2012-10-10 18:13:162020-10-14 21:10:27Fruit Wine Dessert Sauce
Fruit Wine Dessert Sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup St. James Winery Strawberry Wine
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen, unsweetened strawberries
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat stir together the sugar and the cornstarch.
- Stir in wine.
- Add the strawberries. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbling. Remove from heat.
- Transfer sauce to a bowl. Cover and chill.
- Once chilled, stir in fresh sliced mixed berries and pour over ice cream, pound cake, angel food cake, crème brulee, chocolate pudding or the dessert of your choice.
- Serve with a glass of St. James Winery Strawberry wine.
Substitute St. James Winery Blackberry, Blueberry, or Raspberry fruit wine for the Strawberry.