- 4 – 5 crisp apples
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) roll frozen puff pastry thawed (keep cold)
- 1/4 cup St. James Winery Vignoles Wine or St. James Winery Apple Pie Wine
- whipped cream, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Carefully unfold 1 sheet of puff pastry and place on lined baking sheet. Roll and pinch all sides of pastry 1/4 inch.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Core and slice as thin as possible apples about 1/8 inch (Micro slicer or electric meat slicer works well). Lay apples overlapping on pastry.
- Brush with wine. Sprinkle remaining sugar on top.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until pastry edges have browned.
- Slice and serve. Garnish with whipped cream.