- 1/2 cup St. James Winery Friendship School Red Wine
- 2 (15-ounce) cans pear halves, packed in their own juice
- 1 cup sugar
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- ground cinnamon
- fresh mint for garnish
- Drain juice from pears. Divide pears evenly, center side up into four shallow dessert bowls. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, wine, and lemon juice in a sauce pan. Place over medium heat, stirring constantly. Bring mixture to a boil. Continue to stir and cook until mixture thickens (about 2 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Drizzle syrup evenly over pears, pooling syrup in the cored center of the fruit.
- Dust lightly with cinnamon.
- Garnish with fresh mint, and serve immediately.