- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 2/3 cup St. James Winery Cranberry Wine
- 1-1/4 cups cranberries or craisins
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- With rack in middle of oven, preheat oven to 375°F.
- Generously butter muffin cups and dust with flour, knocking out excess.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat butter with 2/3 cup granulated sugar using an electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in zest.
- Add flour mixture in 2 batches alternating with wine, beginning and ending with flour and mixing until just incorporated.
- Toss cranberries in with remaining flour, then fold into batter.
- Divide batter among muffin cups. Sprinkle with remaining 2 TBL granulated sugar.
- Bake until golden and springy to the touch, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes, then loosen with a knife and remove. Cool to warm, 5 to 10 minutes more.
Make these delicious cakes with St. James Winery Cherry Wine or St. James Winery Raspberry Wine.