https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Untitled-design-10.png 1080 1080 https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/ST.JAMES_HeritageWines_Logo_Primary_Black-compressed.png 2012-10-10 15:29:272021-12-10 15:48:15Cranberry Wine Cakes
Cranberry Wine Cakes
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2/3 cup St. James Winery Cranberry Wine
- 1-1/4 cups fresh cranberries or craisins
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- With the rack in the middle, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Generously butter mini bundt pan or muffin tin and dust with flour, knocking out excess.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat butter with 2/3 cup granulated sugar using an electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in zest.
- Add flour mixture in 2 batches, alternating with wine, beginning and ending with flour and mixing until just incorporated.
- Toss cranberries with one tablespoon of flour, then fold them into the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly among the mini bundt pan or muffin tin. Sprinkle each top with the remaining 2 TBL granulated sugar.
- Bake until golden and springy to the touch, about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then loosen with a knife and remove. Cool 5 to 10 minutes more, then enjoy.