- 1/4 cup St. James Winery Country White Wine
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups thinly sliced apples
- 1 cup of pecans
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 box powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour 9×13 pan.
- In large mixing bowl, beat oil, sugar, and vanilla. Add eggs and beat until creamy.
- Add wine and beat.
- A small amount at a time, add flour-sifted with soda and salt. Dough will be fairly stiff.
- Add apples and mix through the dough, then add pecans.
- Put batter into prepared cake pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Frost when cake has cooled.