by Chef Timothy Grandinetti, C.E.C.
Cherry Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 1/4 cup St. James Winery Cherry Wine
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- 2/3 cup dried cherries
Goat Cheese Medallion Ingredients
- 1 log goat cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
Cherry Vinaigrette Instructions
- Combine wine, vinegar, and honey.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Add cherries and allow to marinade 30 to 45 minutes.
Goat Cheese Medallion Instructions
- Slice the goat cheese into slices.
- Dip the medallions of goat cheese into beaten egg, then roll in Panko crumbs.
- Refrigerate for at least 45 minutes.
- Add olive oil and butter to sauté pan; raise heat to medium high.
- Add medallions of goat cheese, and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until lightly brown.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over medallions and serve immediately.