- 2 boneless pork loin chops, about 1-inch thick
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 3 tablespoons St. James Winery Cherry Wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- dried red pepper flakes, to taste
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet on high heat.
- Add pork chops; brown well, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to plate.
- Add onions to skillet; cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, dried cherries, wine, vinegar and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil; boil rapidly on medium heat until broth is reduced by half.
- Reduce heat. Add pork chops to pan to heat through, 5 to 6 minutes. Internal temperature of the pork should be about 160°F.
- Add additional chicken broth or wine, if needed.
- Serve pork chops with cherry sauce spooned over them.