- 1 (18.25-ounce) devil’s food cake mix
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat cake mix, pie filling, eggs, and extract with an electric mixer at low speed 20 seconds, increase speed to medium and beat one minute.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9×13 pan. Bake for 28 minutes. Cool cake on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- Bring sugar, milk and butter to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally; boil one minute. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Quickly spread over warm cake.
- Cool completely.