by Chef Timothy Grandinetti, C.E.C.
- 1 venison tenderloin
- 2 cups St. James Winery Blackberry Wine
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic
- fresh rosemary
- Combine wine, oil, soy sauce, garlic, and rosemary. Add venison tenderloin and marinate, refrigerated, 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove venison from marinade and pat dry.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Pour reserved marinade into a small pan. Over high heat, cook down to about 1/2 cup.
- Grill meet, turning to char all sides. Allow 6 minutes per side (125° = medium rare). Let rest 10 to 12 minutes to redistribute juices within the tenderloin.