by Chef Timothy Grandinetti, C.E.C.
Blueberry Port Sauce Ingredients
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1 cup St. James Winery Blueberry Wine
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ruby port wine
- 1 stick cinnamon
Charred Pork Chop Ingredients
- 1-inch thick pork chops
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- cracked black pepper
Blueberry Port Sauce Instructions
- Cook blueberries, blueberry wine, brown sugar, port wine, and cinnamon over medium heat.
- Simmer for 20 minutes until reduced by half.
Pork Chop Instructions
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Remove chops from refrigeration and rest at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Season with oil, salt, and pepper.
- For beautiful grill marks, place pork chops on grill for 3 to 4 minutes. Rotate 45° and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
- Flip the chop and cook 3to 4 minutes, rotate 45° and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until internal temperature registers 145° to 150°F.
- Serve with chops with blueberry port sauce.