https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/cooking_spices.jpg 533 800 https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/ST.JAMES_HeritageWines_Logo_Primary_Black-compressed.png 2017-01-01 19:58:092020-10-26 11:30:49Pioneer Chili
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 1 chopped small white onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (16-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16-ounce) can ranch-style pinto beans
- 1 (16-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed
- 2 cups St. James Winery Pioneer Red Wine
- Sauté onions and bell peppers in olive oil until tender.
- Add ground beef and brown slowly over low heat, stirring often.
- Add garlic and cook until ground beef is thoroughly cooked.
- Add chili seasonings, chili powder, cumin, crushed red pepper, tomatoes, both beans and red wine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours taste and add salt and pepper. Then add sugar to round out flavor.
Best served with a dollop of sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese.