- 4 pears, halved and cored
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 8 ounces Camembert cheese
- 2 cups St. James Winery Norton Dessert Wine
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In mixing bowl combine pears, sugar, thyme, oil salt and pepper and toss until well mixed.
- Lay pears out on a cookie sheet and roast for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan reduce the wine to syrup consistency.
- Divide cheese and gently flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Place one piece of cheese on top of each pear and allow to melt, about 1 minute.
- Drizzle pears with the wine sauce and serve.