- 1/4 cup St. James Winery Cherry Wine
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1 (8-ounce) roll puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 round Brie
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Place wine in a glass measuring cup and microwave for 1 minute to warm, then add cherries to plump. Let stand for 1 minute, then drain and pat cherries dry.
- Unfold pastry on floured board and roll into a 14 inch square.
- Stir cherries, honey, and pecans together, then place in the center of the puff pastry. Place brie on top of the fruit, and fold opposite corners of puff pastry to the middle of the cheese.
- Trim the other corners to 2-inches from the bottom of the cheese, then fold the corners up and press edges to seal.
- Place the seamed side down, and decorate the top with the leftover pastry scrapes.
- Mix egg and water together, then brush over the pastry.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes (pastry should be rich golden brown).
- Allow to stand and cool prior to serving.