- 2 pints fresh blueberries or one (16-ounce) bag frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup St. James Winery Blackberry Blueberry Wine
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup sugar
- Place the berries in a medium, nonstick, heavy saucepan on the stove top, over medium heat.
- Add wine and between 1/4 and 1/2 cup of sugar for fresh berries, or about 1/4 cup of sugar for frozen berries.
- Stir to evenly distribute the sugar.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and boil up to nearly the top of the pot; stirring, reduce the heat to just below medium and allow it to simmer, stirring every few minutes, until the mixture cooks down and thickens to desired consistency.
- Serve immediately, while sauce is still warm.
Try this recipe with other fruit wines from St. James Winery!