Blackberry Wine Cake is a rich, moist, sweetly decadent bundt cake, and a St. James Winery classic. You can easily substitute any St. James Winery fruit wines-even seasonal Cranberry-to keep it fun and fresh.
- 1 cup St. James Winery Blackberry Wine
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 (3-ounce) box berry flavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup St. James Winery Blackberry Wine
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan. Sprinkle pecans in the bottom.
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and gelatin. Add eggs, oil, and 1 cup of wine. Blend thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes until cake tests done. Remove from oven; turn out onto wire rack to cool.
- While cake is baking, combine the powdered sugar, butter and 1/2 cup wine in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour 1/2 the mixture over the warm cake; let set for 30 minutes.
- Pour remaining glaze (it will thicken slightly) over cake.
Any of our St. James Winery fruit wines may be used to make this wonderful cake. Simply match the gelatin
and fruit wine flavors.