by Rich Trippler, Bartender & Mixologist
at Bleu Restaurant & Wine Bar
- 1-1/2 ounces St. James Winery Blackberry Blueberry Wine
- 1-1/2 ounces gold tequila
- 1/2 fresh lime, sliced
- cold lemon-lime soda
- splash of sweetened lime juice
- In a mixing glass muddle the sliced lime and sweetened lime juice.
- Fill with ice, add tequila and wine.
- Top with lemon-lime soda.
- This is a rolled drink so pour it back and forth between glasses until mixed.
- Serve in a tall glass.
- Salt the rim, if desired.
Nobody will admit to having a favorite among their children, but I have to say this is my favorite drink from this St. James Winery series. I’m a sucker for tequila. This is a drink that makes me wish it was hot outside. I want Jimmy Buffet. I want Bob Marley. I want a bonfire and stringed up lights and lots of friends listening to reggae music outside. I want to drink Bleu Cactus’s by the pitcher.