by Chef Timothy Grandinetti, C.E.C.
Pork Shoulder Ingredients
- 4 – 5 pounds pork shoulder, bone-in
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons cumin
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions
- 3 carrots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 quart chopped tomatoes
- 8 ounces St. James Winery Cherry Wine
- 1 can beer
BBQ Sauce Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 1 cup finely minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt / black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 ounces cherry preserves or jam
- 12 ounces St. James Winery Cherry Wine
- 6 ounces cherry cola
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
Pork Shoulder Instructions
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine brown sugar, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Rub on the pork shoulder.
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Brown the pork and remove from the pot.
- Add onions, carrots, garlic, diced tomatoes, wine, and beer.
- Return the pork to the pot.
- Cover and put in the oven for 3-1/2 hours, until the meat is extremely tender.
- Shred the delicious pork and serve with the St. James Cherry BBQ Sauce.
- Heat grape seed oil over medium high heat.
- Add finely minced onion, season with salt and pepper; cook 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add minced garlic, and cook 2 minutes.
- Whisk in preserves, wine, cola, brown sugar, vinegar, and sweet chili sauce.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 45 minutes, stirring frequently until the sauce reduces by 1/3.
- Serve with the Berkshire Pork Shoulder or the grilled meat of your choice.
BBQ Sauce Instructions