https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/ST.JAMES_HeritageWines_Logo_Primary_Black-compressed.png 0 0 https://www.stjameswinery.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/ST.JAMES_HeritageWines_Logo_Primary_Black-compressed.png 2012-10-10 18:23:462020-10-14 21:10:27Avocado Salad with Red Wine & Orange Wasabi Chicken
Avocado Salad with Red Wine & Orange Wasabi Chicken
- 4 grilled skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup St. James Winery Pioneer Red Wine
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- hot sauce to taste
- 1 (10-ounce) package mixed salad greens, rinsed and dried
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice chicken strips and set aside.
- In a large, nonreactive pot, heat sugar and water together over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until caramelized to a dark amber color.
- Remove from heat and slowly add wine. Return to heat and stir until all particles are dissolved. Stirring constantly, add orange juice and wasabi, adjusting the amount to taste.
- Brush chicken strips with the glaze, and then place on a baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven until heated through.
- While chicken is warming, toss together the tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, avocados, salt, pepper and hot sauce.
- Adjust seasonings to taste, and spoon mixture onto the greens. Top with warmed chicken strips and serve.