- 1/4 cup St. James Winery Vignoles Wine
- 1 pound carrots, pared, cut into chunks
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease and flour 10 inch bundt pan.
- Steam carrots until very tender. Puree in food processor. You should have about 1 1/2 cups. Set aside.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, cloves and nutmeg in large bowl until well mixed.
- Beat eggs in small bowl, stir in oil, wine, vanilla and carrots.
- Pour liquid ingredients into flour mixture. Blend at low speed until mixed well. Then beat at medium 3 minutes. Scraping down sides occasionally.
- Stir in walnuts, coconut, raisins and pineapple, then pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in lower third of oven for 45 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 350° and bake an additional 30 minutes.
- Cool pan on rack for 15 minutes. Remove cake from pan.
- Cool to room temperature. Place cake on serving plate. Spoon glaze over cake.
- Stir together the cream cheese and powdered sugar in small bowl until smooth.
- Mix 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons wine until mixture reaches a glazing consistency.
Sip Sweetly. Enjoy Responsibly.