- 1 3-pound venison roast
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 potatoes, cubed
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup St. James Winery Country Red Wine
- Soak the venison roast in milk for at least two hours in a glass bowl in the refrigerator.
- Rinse the roast and brown in lightly oiled Dutch oven.
- Remove the roast; lower the heat and sauté the garlic in the Dutch oven.
- dd onions, potatoes and carrots. Cook until lightly browned.
- Add the browned roast, bay leaf, wine and enough water to cover the meat and vegetables.
- Cover and cook over medium low heat for 1 hour per pound of meat.