- 1 pound medium or large shrimp
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or whole milk
- 2 tablespoons condensed milk
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon St. James Winery Strawberry Moscato Wine
- 1 tsp salt
- corn starch or mayonnaise
- Shell and de-vein shrimp. Rinse the shrimp and pat dry the shrimp with paper towel and season with salt.
- In a measuring cup, combine and mix well the coconut cream, cream or milk, and vanilla extract.
- Melt the butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add shrimp and pan fry until both sides are golden brown. Around 2 minutes for each side.
- Splash the wine in with the shrimp and butter, then cook the shrimp for another minute. Set aside the shrimp in the same pan.
- In a separate pan, add the coconut cream mixture and cook over low heat. Add condensed milk and stir to mix.
- When the coconut mixture starts to bubble, add additional sugar to taste. Let the mixture simmer for about 3 minutes until the liquid gets reduced by 1/3.
- Add some diluted corn starch to thicken the cream if necessary. Optionally, you can add mayonnaise in place of corn starch to create a richer flavor.
- Transfer the cream mixture to the shrimp. Turn on the heat and stir the shrimp to incorporate the coconut cream. Turn off the heat when the coconut mixture reaches the boiling point.
- Plate and serve the dish hot
Substitute either St. James Winery Strawberry Wine or St. James Winery Moscato Wine if the seasonal Strawberry Moscato is not available.