- 4 tablespoons olive oil (split)
- 1 (6-ounce) bag fresh spinach
- 6 – 8 chicken cutlets (thin)
- flour for dredging
- 1 – 2 shallots finely diced
- 8 ounces – 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup St. James Winery Pioneer White Wine
- 1 cup chicken broth (1 cube chicken bouillon optional)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil on stove top. Add spinach and cook until just wilted.
- Spread spinach in bottom of prepared 9×13 pan.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil on stove.
- Dredge (lightly) chicken cutlets.
- Add to olive oil and cook on each side until golden brown.
- Place chicken on top of spinach in pan.
- Sauté shallots and mushrooms in pan (same pan/ don’t clean) until soft.
- Add balsamic vinegar and wine. Scrape pan.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a low boil until thickens.
- Place mozzarella over chicken, pour gravy on top.
- Cook 30 minutes, serve over noodles (egg or bowtie).
For thicker sauce, add 2 tablespoons flour pre-mixed in water and add at the same time as the chicken broth