- 1/4 cup St. James Winery Pioneer White Wine
- 1 (8-ounce) package fettuccine noodles
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in a deep 12-inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently until browned and cooked through. Using slotted spoon, remove chicken to plate. Keep warm.
- To drippings in skillet, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, cook garlic for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Add red and yellow peppers. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently until peppers are tender crisp.
- Add mushrooms and cook 5 more minutes.
- Add cream and bring to a light boil.
- Add wine.
- Reduce heat to medium and add chicken.
- Simmer 2 minutes or until hot.
- To serve, drain hot pasta, stir in vegetables and chicken mixture.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
Sip Sweetly. Enjoy Responsibly.