- 1/4 cup St. James Winery Pioneer Red Wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shallots, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 (2-ounce) tin anchovies
- 1/4 cup of capers, rinsed
- 3/4 cup green olives, halved
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) box penne pasta
- Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in large skillet. Add garlic and shallots and sauté.
- Add tomatoes and wine and sauté until tomatoes begin to break apart.
- Add anchovies, capers, olives, red pepper flakes and basil. Cook, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, drain and add to the sauce.
- Toss pasta and sauce. Serve in bowls and top with Parmesan cheese.
Substitute St. James Winery Cynthiana Wine for the Pioneer Red.