- 10 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter
- 5 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup St. James Winery Norton Dessert Wine
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/2 cup St. James Winery Norton Dessert Wine
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 10 inch bundt or tube pan.
- Melt unsweetened chocolate and 3/4 cup of butter on the stove or in the microwave. Heat until smooth and stir while this process is happening. Set aside and let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks and 3/4 cup of white sugar together with an electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Gradually stir in the 3/4 cup of wine and flour.
- Fold in the cooled chocolate mixture.
- In a clean bowl, whip egg whites with cream of tartar until frothy. Gradually whisk in 3 tablespoons sugar, and continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- Fold 1/3 of the whites into the batter, then quickly fold in the remaining whites until no streaks remain.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan.
- Combine chocolate chips, 1/2 cup butter and corn syrup. Heat on stove top or in microwave, stirring frequently until chocolate is melted.
- Stir in 1/2cup of Norton Dessert Wine and vanilla until mixture is smooth.
- Set aside and cool for about 30 minutes.
- Pour glaze over the cooled cake.
Sip Sweetly. Enjoy Responsibly.